In the Hermit tarot card you see an old man in gray looking down carrying a light and standing in the snow at night time. The lantern can be symbolic of being prepared. It can also symbolize nighttime and feeling sleepy and a time to rest. The star in the lamp can represent the light within yourself or wisdom and can help light your way. The stave he holds can represent strength and helps him stay balanced. The snow can represent a time when you can start over.
- Looking within
- Inner peace
- Inner security
- Connecting with God or Source
- Quiet time
- Self reflection
- Alone time
- Coming out of isolation
- Stuck in your thoughts
- Too much being alone
- Self pity
Question to ask when pulling the Hermit tarot card:
- Can you see your situation in a new light?
- Are you on a path with God?
- What is important to focus on?
- Are you looking within yourself to find answers?
- Is this a good time for you to rest?
- Are you taking things on step at a time?
- Do you need some space to reflect?
- Is this a good time to meditate?
- Are you a point where it would be best to start over?