In the Ten of Swords shows on the ground dead with ten swords stabbed in his back, representing endings. Off in the distance, you can see the sunrise as if a new day or opportunity is on the horizon. The big distinction between the bright horizon and the dark sky can represent looking at things from different perspectives or decisions that need to be made. The dark can represent the unknown and the light can represent new opportunities. The Ten of Swords is a high number representing a form of completion or transformation into a new level.
Ten of Swords Upright
- Repeating patterns
- Stuck in old patterns
- Cycles ending
- Feeling defeated
- Time to let go
- Negative thinking
Ten of Swords Reversed
- The worst is done
- Resisting change
- Seeing the good in a difficult situation
- Learning from the past
Questions to ask when pulling the Ten of Swords:
- Do you see new possibilities on the horizon?
- Are you ready to let go of an old way of doing things?
- Are you ready to let go fo the past?
- Are you coming to conclusions without waiting for more answers?
- Are you allowing yourself time to just breathe and be in the moment?
- Are you stuck in old patterns?
- Do you see warning signs?
- Do you feel like this is your last chance?
- Do you feel stuck in the same place?
- Is there something that is over in your life?