In the Five of Swords tarot card, you can see a man with a grin on his face holding 3 swords with 2 swords on the ground. Two men are walking away as if they lost a fight. The gray clouds can be seen as conflict disappearing or conflict in the air. The Swords can represent the mind, so the battle may also be in your mind. The man is looking back, which can represent when seeing things from the past they can look different from where you are now. Hindsight is 20/20. The man having all the swords can also represent having everything you need to be successful.
Five of Swords Upright
- Negative thoughts
- Winning at a cost
- Picking up the pieces
Five of Swords Reversed
Questions to ask when pulling the Five of Swords tarot card:
- Can you see how far you have come?
- Can you see you have everything to need to be successful?
- Are you ready to let go of any doubts and worries from the past?
- Are you ready to let go of negative emotions tied to the past?
- Do you feel successful?
- What can you learn from your successes and failures?
- What emotions do you need to work through?
- Are you letting something get you down?
- Are you trying to force things?